Python is a multipurpose, cross-platform High Level Language (HLL) which is used widely for scripting. But before you can start learning or working with python you should have it installed and set up on your computer. In this post I am going to tell you how to install/set up Python in Microsoft Windows 7 (professional).
- Go to – https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.6 and install the format supported by your your computer.
- In all the set up windows that appear, keep on clicking on the “Next” button.
- Once Python is installed click on the Finish button.
- A folder named python 2.7 Shortcut will appear on your desktop.
- Now to connect the “Python command line (terminal)” to CMD (Command prompt) –
- Click on Start Menu, right-click on the Computer tab on the right sidebar.
- Click on Properties, in the window that appears, on the left sidebar, click on Advanced System Settings.
- In the dialog box that appears, click on Environment Variable. Under the System Variable heading find a Variable with name – “Path”. Select is and then click on Edit. Change the path to – C:Python27 then, click on Okay, Okay and Appy, Okay in the dialog boxes opened.
- Now to check that you have successfully installed and set up Python, open CMD and type: python. If you see somethining like –