Have you ever tried to create a folder with name con? If you have then you probably know that it cannot be done. And this happens because you can’t make folders or files that have “System Action” or “Device” references such
1) Method one: Using Command prompt –
- Open command prompt (cmd).
- Then type the line – (for example you have to create the folder in E: drive)
- If you want to delete this folder then use the command –
- C:>rd \.e:con:
2) Method two: Using num keypad and ALT key –
- Create a new folder (right click > new > folder).
- Now right-click on the folder, and click on rename.
- Now rename it as “con” BUT don’t press Enter key.
- Then hold down the Alt key and type 255 on the number pad and press Enter.